I finally went back to this pattern. One of my firsts from years ago and I remember not being able to get it to work. Now I am rockin it so far - not only was I able to get it set up so that I am knitting in the round but also knitting both at the same time ...which helps create a consistent look between the two, hopefully eliminating the dreaded mismatched set! But I was also able to do it from one cake, one mitten will be from the outside of the cake & the other pulling from the center of the cake. This was a bit fidly at first but knitting smoothly now. It's been my car knitting project for drive down south. Check out that breath-taking sunset in the mountains.
Sunday, December 18, 2016
Fast burn on a hat with some thick & thin variegated yarn. The raspberry stitch was best stitch for this yarn due to the thickness variation it lends itself well to this pattern. I did a tubular cast on for that nice invisible edge I like...you can see the set up with some waste yarn in the pic below.
That new yarn I mentioned in previous post care of Tess' Designer Yarn, and what I made with it. I still need to attach the velvet faded upholstery for the frontice piece before it is blizzard ready, but this brioche knitted up nicely other than the join where I am going to have to hide that bump out where the new round started & I got messy. Beauty of creating this piece is I can hide my mistakes in the lining.
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Monday, August 1, 2016
These sleeves continue to elude me. I had them 2x2 rib. Didn't like it. Frogged that then had this Idea. I didn't realize until it was finished that it is a whole different dye lot. Looks totally different & i must have used bigger needles it's so much bigger. You can see the darts I added in at the wrists but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. The search continues.....