Saturday, April 14, 2012

Endpaper Mitt

Yes thats right, singular. As in Seriously Suffering from Second Sock Syndrome.....suckatash. I don't know why I said that last part. And I know, its a mitt and not a sock but believe me, the term applies.
I do not know why I had such a hard time with these, and not about what I thought was going to be hard, the learning to hold 2 yarns in one hand and simultaneouly knit with both Continential and English-style. I was actually stunned that I was pretty adept at that, but the pattern, I felt, was a little hard to decipher for me. And to elaborate let me explain that I didn't want the purled seam at the sides I was trying to go for continuous lines, so you had to interpret how the pattern would wrap.  Also the instuctions to m1 for increases didn't say in what color, just "in pattern" which was not clear to me. If are familiar with this pattern you will know what I mean and if not all you have to do is look at the chart.
I had to rip back increases 4 times, once when I was almost through because it looked so bad at the sides.  As it stands its not ideal but definately functional.
Anyway, having said that, it was fun as a first stranded colorwork pattern. I bought this yarn specifically to do this pattern so long ago it had to be one of the 1st couple of skeins I ever bought. I have just a little drag time built into my projects :)
Now I just have find the willpower to do the second one before I forget what I did!
Yarn : Koigu KPM

No comments:

Post a Comment