Saturday, September 10, 2011

MS to NY

So I haven't gotten much knitting done lately with all the packing. I will be sad to leave the South, but as my mother said we all knew this day would come. I have always wanted to live in a big city and New York is the biggest one on this side of the pond. Let's see if I still like it in 6 months. Especially since I didn't see real snow until I was in high school on a trip to Colorado. I have been to NYC during new years so I kinda know what I am getting myself into, but it will of course be a culture shock. However I like to look on the bright side and know that I will now be able to wear all my lovely knitted items.
We drove from Hattiesburg this morning at 9:00, we are still on the road now. My leg of driving the 24' diesel monster was from Tuscaloosa to Chattanooga. Road trip with kitty is not as fun as a cross country road trip could be, although we have been doping her with kitty valium.
It is way too shaky to knit on my glittens. Shout out to Suzanne for saving them when they were in such peril. You rock, keep on rollin Derby girl. I was on last glitten when I ran out of yarn and had thumb and three quarters of a finger to go, when she donated her skein as it seems Hobby Lobby stopped carrying it.
So my trip knit project was to take all my scrap pieces, and any anyone has generously donated to me, and joined them all together to knit my scrap scarf. My long term goal is to knit scarves and years from now join them to make a blanket. I finshed joining all my pieces about an hour ago. Now it's dark and I'm bored in the cab. It's quite cozy with the 3 of us and Lexa. I've already learned that's New York apartment speak for fraking small. Little BSG for u fans out there.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment