Monday, September 6, 2010

Serial Box

So I was able to get the serial number of the cedar chest that looked like it was wood-burned into the wood on the bottom of chest.
SERIAL # : 040221
STYLE # : 481900

I got this info from Lane Furniture website :
You can read the serial number BACKWARDS to determine the production date.

For example: serial number 753150 would have been produced on 05/13/57.

So by my calculations it was manufactured on : December 20, 1940
And as for the style number, I was not able to find any information.


So excited, can't wait to organize all my precious-es. Its airing out right now, and more pics to come, still deciding on a way to bin or hold yarns to make more layers of storage within chest.
As for real knitting content, check out this talented knitter, Emma Philpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment