Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bittersweet

So I finally got a job.  This is good cuz they said they would pay me.  This is bad cuz the job of knitting, crocheting, making things, taking pics, and blogging will now be down-graded to when I have time or feel like it.  You have been put on notice.  See good and bad. Funny how that works.  Like this pic that shows that knitting has been going on (good) but I have no FOs (bad).  Don't be fooled by the seemingly finished hats in pic.  Far one was store bought by a friend and my hacked one in the forground has since been frogged back to halfway.  One step forward, two steps back.........sometimes its just like that.
This is what I tried to explain to my latest student I am teaching to knit.  I have only spent about 5 hours total with her over a couple of weeks and we went over casting off yesterday.  She started a scarf of her own design to practice knits and purls. CO20, K2, P2, K2, P2 then she just knits her knits and purls her purls.  Its curling a bit but I told her you just have to block it and it should be a bit better. I am so proud! See...
More pics when she finishes.  And maybe in the meantime I will finish some one thing, not asking for much right? Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment